Wednesday, August 20, 2014

You're a Wizard

I awaken to find myself adrift upon a vessel, amidst a rough sea. Knowing its expanse and sure it's impassable for now, I stay aboard and wonder how long I'll need to remain. Who will rescue me? Will anyone care? I look out as pain fills me with nausea, emanating from my feet. No one knows what it's like to be a prisoner like this, where your body is in control of you instead of the other way around. I try not to reflect upon the pre-pain days- a time when I could do anything I desired. Instead, I sigh and look again upon the ocean of plush yarn, knowing the exquisite pain that will surely blossom upon each step I would have to endure. Willing the sea of carpet to become an expanse of smooth, large tile, I sigh in frustration. An hour before my daughter must awaken so she can ready herself to ride upon the magical, yellow vehicle we all know and remember. Of course, she won't even stir on her own. Dying each evening, she must be resurrected and when not even a tornado can do that trick, I still must. I sigh again and fervently wish I could remain upon the safety and comfort of my bed. I imagine myself a great wizard again, adept at transforming surfaces to whatever I wish. Dismissing the fantasy, I sigh again. Nothing good will come from me venturing out on this day. The aches in my feet tell me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment