Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shackles

Rattling against my shackles fixed true
Kept away from life, feeling so blue
Wracked with the pain of a body breaking
Like whipped ocean waves against the shore

Once golden and perfect as the sun on a summer day
Now, rusted like a key stuck in a lock with no play
I had the world in my hands until it struck
And now I'm left within the confines of a smaller sphere

Youthful hopes and dreams crumbled to ash
Unable to generate my own cash
Stuck between disability and supposed youth
Fallen through the holes in a government so cruel

Left without the care I sorely need
Without a mark, nor do I bleed
How can I show others my plight
How can I let them see my struggle each day

Unable to walk, unable to run
Those days are just no fun
Though I'm glad for my friends
They certainly understand

No comments:

Post a Comment